STEM/Coding Curriculum Lead (Hong Kong)
About First Code
First Code Academy is empowering Asia’s next generation to become creators of technology through teaching kids from ages 4 to 18 programming. We believe that learning coding is a means to an end, and encourage our students to also develop their creativity, entrepreneurship skills and a mindset to experiment.
As one of the first coding education providers in Asia, we have rapidly grown to 7 cities teaching over 10,000 students since 2013, and are continuing to expand our global presence. We believe that it takes a team to build something big; if you have a love for technology and want to make a meaningful impact in next generation’s education, join us now!
As our Curriculum Lead, you will be the driver and owner of our core product - Curriculum. You are excited by new technologies and enjoy challenging yourself to try out the latest platforms and tools. Innovation is in your blood and you're constantly looking at improving and expanding on the status quo.
- Be the leading voice of innovation: Our curriculum is our core product and you will be responsible to research new technologies and tools to brainstorm new additions to our roadmap. You will be the key driver of innovative uses of technology in order to create teachable content. Part of your role will require continually keeping up with technological trends to identify and advocate for new and exciting product offerings that engages students from age 4-11.
- Impact young minds to spark an interest in technology: Expand and innovate our learning roadmap by continuously seeking to improve the way we teach. Brainstorm and lead implementation of updates to our curriculum to utilise cutting-edge tools and keep up-to-date with new developments. Set and deliver on curriculum OKRs to achieve company-wide objectives.
- Lead our global team of curriculum talents: Oversee curriculum quality and coordinate curriculum development milestones across our cities. Be the knowledge expert of our curriculum and train team members to deliver the content effectively. Lead cross-city sync ups to identify challenges, blockers and brainstorm solutions.
- Make a difference and be an inspiration: Our instructors treat our students as their friends! Have the first-hand experience in using our curriculum content that you lovingly created to deliver compelling coding lessons and inspire our students.
- Passion for Technology: You hold a degree in computer science, have programming experience under your belt, or are a proficient self-learner of coding languages. You get FOMO if you are not updated on the latest new technology and you love learning new things.
- Maker's Mindset: You love tinkering and building things. Whether it is a new app, website or a project, you're happiest when you're creating something new.
- Communications Skills: Instructors are responsible for communicating often complex and abstract programming concepts to young students. You are fluent in English and are good at communicating your ideas verbally, through analogies and repetition if necessary. At the same time you are able to adjust your presentation depending on the audience
- Experience in, or an Interest in Teaching Kids: You are inspired by kids and love spending time with them. You are patient to get your ideas through to students, and motivated to see them succeed.
- Join us in revolutionizing the concept of technology education in Asia
- Deepen your proficiency in languages like Python and tinker with the latest technologies and tools.
- Immerse yourself in technology every day, from AI to 3D printers and work with like-minded team members from various backgrounds in STEM and technology.
- Impact the next generation by researching and developing fun and innovative new courses using the latest tools and languages
- Be a key contributor to shaping the direction of First Code Academy as part of a tight-knit team
- Be part of the fun - our Summer video :) https://youtu.be/UlO96qXQDWs
- Join our monthly TGIFCS (Thank God It’s First Code Saturday) and mingle with our friends in the coding education community.
- Get involved in large scale events such as AppJamming Summit (http://appjammingsummit.org/), a global app competition for kids aged 8 to 16 to showcase their app development project.