Operations Manager (Shenzhen)
If you are entrepreneurial and want to make a meaningful impact in next generation’s education, this is the position for you! Join our international team to expand our fast growing operations locally.
About First Code
First Code Academy is empowering Asia’s next generation to become creators of technology through teaching kids from ages 4 to 18 programming. We believe that learning coding is a means to an end, and encourage our students to also develop their creativity, entrepreneurship skills and a mindset to experiment.
As one of the first coding education providers in Asia, we have rapidly grown to 7 cities teaching over 10,000 students since 2013, and are continuing to expand our global presence. We believe that it takes a team to build something big; if you have a love for technology and want to make a meaningful impact in next generation’s education, join us now!
- Drive business growth through strategic partnerships - Identify and engage with schools and external parties to form meaningful partnerships to drive city growth. Build and manage relationships with existing partners to successfully run long term external programs and workshops.
- Lead and motivate sales team to hit enrollment targets - Regularly engage with sales team to identify opportunities, feedback and refine strategies. Review and analyze CRM data to implement improvements to promote conversion throughout sales funnel.
- Engage with parents and students - You are the face of our fun, creative, empowering brand. You will be the powerhouse to drive our enrollments and student renewals through communicating with our customers and hosting events and workshops to introduce First Code.
- Plan and launch seasonal term and camp programs - Using analytical know-how and understanding of the local market, strategically plan for and coordinate the launch and communications of weekly classes and holiday courses throughout the year
- Recruit and manage team of instructors - Lead recruitment and manage our team of part-time and full-time instructors and interns. Regularly review, screen and interview promising candidates to build a strong pipeline of quality instructors.
- Fluency in English and Mandarin. Cantonese is a bonus.
- You are curious by nature and enjoy brainstorming, collaborating and executing. You are capable to work under minimal guidance and are not afraid to try new ways of doing things.
- At First Code, we take pride in using a data-driven approach of running a business. You have a passion for analytics and believe in making data-driven decisions.
- A dynamic and motivated individual with good organising abilities, interpersonal and communication skills
- Join us in revolutionizing the education space in Asia and be part of the tight-knit team building our local presence
- Be part of the fun - our Summer outing video :) https://youtu.be/UlO96qXQDWs
- Participate in our CSR initiatives such as the Google CS First program, where we link up with local community and teach underprivileged or ethnic minority kids coding.
- Join our monthly TGIFCS (Thank God It’s First Code Saturday) and mingle with our friends in the coding education community.
- Get involved in large scale events such as AppJamming Summit (http://appjammingsummit.org/), a regional app competition for kids from age 8 to 16