About First Code
First Code Academy is empowering Asia’s next generation to become creators of technology by teaching kids age 4 to 18 about programming, design and entrepreneurship. Since 2013, we have taught 10,000+ students in various Asian cities and are continuing to expand our global presence. We believe that it takes a team to build something big; if you have a love for technology and want to make a meaningful impact in next generation’s education, join us now!
About the Role
We are looking for a sharp, personable, and highly-organized Administrative Assistant to support our Hong Kong office as we continue to grow. This is an opportunity to become the backbone of First Code working on the day to day functions in multiple administrative areas. If you can effectively resolve admin and operational issues before they arise, then this is a role for you!
What You'll Do
- Handle full-time and part-time payroll, MPF, taxation, benefits and annual or sick leave administration
- Manage office administration duties like invoices and office expenses
- Maintain workspace and classrooms in good order and condition, including purchasing office and classroom supplies and stocking up pantry
- Assist on consolidating monthly financials for bookkeeping
- Support meeting arrangement, calendar scheduling and travel arrangement etc.
- Organize team events, trips and outings
- Other ad hoc tasks/projects whenever necessary
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- At least 1 years of administrative experience
- Attention to detail. Being right the first time matters a lot to us
- Strong communication skills and ability to interact with internal and external partners
- Work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Superior organizational skills and great follow through on tasks
- Be a problem solver at heart with a genuine interest in learning
- An interest in and passion for technology education
- Available to work Tue-Sat from Sep-Jun, and during Summer (Jun-Aug) our team works Mon-Fri
- Join us in revolutionizing the concept of education in Asia
- Shape the direction of First Code Academy and be part of it from day 1
- Be a part of a compassionate team that treats you like family and emphasizes open communication
- Be part of the fun - our Summer video :) https://youtu.be/6PJUnLfQffg
- Participate in our CSR initiatives such as the Google CS First program, where we link up with local community and teach underprivileged or ethnic minority kids coding.
- Join our monthly TGIFCS (Thank God It’s First Code Saturday) and mingle with our friends in the coding education community.
- Get involved in large scale events such as AppJamming Summit (http://appjammingsummit.org/), a regional app competition for kids from age 8 to 16 to showcase their app creation. We host Semi-Finals in Hong Kong and Singapore and a Final in Hong Kong with students joining us from all over Asia.
- Take part in our Ninjas Coding Series where we get together and talk about coding and work on exercises to brush up our coding skills.